loveless.next

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

tayar pecah/pancit [ruptured/punctured tyre]

One fine early August morning, we (me, me wife & me daughter) were going to Genting Highlands. Departed at 8 am from Felda Rasau and [ambitiously] targeted to arrive there by 11 am. Got a meeting there, being 1 of the 3 non-golfers handling our company's annual customers golf event, with the other dominant [read: majority] golfer committee members & Awana Genting reps. I was constantly driving at 170-180 kmph once I hit the East Coast Expressway (LPT) at around 9 am.

Roughly halfway thru, I started to "hear" [feel is more like it] the call of nature but only heeded and hailed it at Hentian Lanchang. Resting there for 5 mins or so, I made a move. The car was just about to pick up on the speed, at around 100 kmph, when suddenly my wife and I heard a strange abnormal sound. Initially, we thought the sound was caused by the frictions between the tyre and the uneven road. (We all should've heard by now about the reputation of LPT). to be continued...

No comments: