loveless.next

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Why I did my master degree

1. Long-time ambition since my 20s or 30s held back by financial constraint, unsuitable programs (location, research program only, etc), uncertainties about master benefits for me, etc and I accidentally happened to find out in end 2018 about UMT’s Master of IT by coursework program while searching for it and I just got to know during the first program briefing & class that I, together with my classmates and also other Master of Computer Science by coursework program students, were the first batch of the program 2. Got pissed off at work at the end of 2018 because due to resignation of 1 IT technician 1-2 months before, I had to hold IT portfolio again in addition to the existing Innovation portfolio which, realizing that I would be busier than ever (“sibuk gila”) having to handle IT matters again, made me want to become super busy (“biar jadi sibuk gila babi”) by furthering my master studies in IT 3. To “ITicize” my academic credentials because when I was young I had tried to apply for the post of IT lecturer at a few local public colleges and universities in Terengganu but was told that I could only be a business lecturer due to my bachelor degree’s BBA in MIS title 4. To pursue lifelong learning which was recently/newly enlightened by one of the lecturers during one of my Master of IT by coursework program classes

No comments: