loveless.next

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

pirus IS a color indeed

yes it is. previously i googled it as "pirus color" but couldn't find any reference to pirus as a color. just now, i googled for "warna pirus" & eureka! i've found it! a few websites (indon i believe) mention pirus as the color of greenish blue (biru kehijau-hijauan). i guess it's the common & well-known color of turquoise (or pirus in indon, or fairus/fairuz in persian/malay), which can exist in different variety of colors. i told my wife about this & she said she HAS known all along & all this while that pirus IS indeed a color! some of her baju kurungs are even pirus in color!!! the closest reference which i've never asked before. knowledge at your fingertip(s). (that reminds me of the tagline by a software house company i used to work with: solution at your fingertips). from the internet &/or your closest whoever. that tagline definitely requires some kind of revisions...at least for me...

the highest order of the execs in the company asked me if i'd like to rekindle my performance at the upcoming golf tournament. the extended version of it. time-wise. so many factors to consider. my pregnant wife whose due date is around the corner. her limitation & strain in traveling. esp on a long journey. the limited time (to practice). selection of (appropriate) songs. all those big guns. i play guitar & sing to please myself & not others. i listen to songs which would please me & me alone. i don't care if people don't like those songs. would i succumb to such a pressure to become so-called mainstream? popular? poppy? but, performing wild world reflected the attempt to become one. no surprises not to become one. wah! i talk like i a lock star oledi!

to practice or to practise. which one is a noun? which one is a verb? which is american? which is british? all that i've learned have been unlearned by all these confusions. maybe i should just write it as praktis. (actually, my real intention is to ask whether i should praktis or not for the futsal tournament this sat. i despise the organizer bcoz i've to buy my own futsal shoes. i've told them that i'm wearing my old tennis shoes. in the worst case scenario, i'll be disqualified & that's fine with me. it will be better & well-spent if i donate the rm to masjid pas ustaz awang in batu 6. i'm not even sure if i'm fit to play with me having a swollen gum even though it's getting a little bit better/smaller now. if someone accidentally or intentionally hits me at that weakest spot, it will surely grow bigger & that would dash my hope of getting an rct asap). to q or not to q. at school or at a bus stop or while waiting for a taxi, you must q. i'll just let nature take its course. nature of course being all revolving things around me, past, present & future, which have been decided upon by the divine power.

No comments: