loveless.next

Saturday, August 02, 2008

time-consuming & swollen gum

designing is a very time-consuming task. why do i always get assigned that kind of task? the last time, it was video editing. i had to do it at home as well. every night. no weekend with family until the event was over. that one even consumed my PERSONAL COMPUTER's CPU & RAM power extensively. not to forget the electricity bill associated with it.

my gum has been swollen since the last few days. my chin got knocked by my acoustic guitar. that led to my gum to get swollen until today. the story goes a long way before that. about 10 years ago in 1998. i had an accident. i was riding my bike & my then pregnant wife was the pillion rider. i was sending her to her school: she was a teacher there. it's near hukm and sekolah alam shah (old location) in cheras. from the distance, i could see the pedestrian traffic light was red & the cars were queuing & waiting for the traffic light to turn green again. so, i took the chance to speed up a little bit. normally, i always glanced at the left junction for any vehicle coming into the main road but somehow, i did not do so at that time. a van came out from the junction & i hit it right at the driver's door side. i fell down & my face hit the road surface. luckily, the impact had been cushioned by the visor. the visor got detached anyway & my chin hit the road anyway. my wife fell down on her buttock. thank you Allah. her buttock had been cushioned by her own bag. mind you, she was 4-5 mth pregnant at that time, carrying our current daughter inside her uterus. the van driver sent us to hukm. the mother & baby were ok. i had to have my injury/wound treated with, if i'm not mistaken, 14 stitches on my chin at hukm. feeling & thinking that we were guilty, we paid the van driver for the damage to his van. we had to repair our bike as well. although lately my wife argued that actually the van driver was at fault for not looking properly at the traffic before venturing out from the junction, what is past is past & we should just consider the payment as charity.

and my front upper right incisor tooth had been traumatized as well. the dentist that i visited advised me to perform root canal but i did not do so until today. once in a while, especially after heavy iced drinking, the gum holding that tooth would ache. however, last year, after so many years, it swelled so bad that it started to accumulate pus in it & i had to have the pus removed. i was even advised to do x-ray & based on the result, i was told that that tooth of mine had already died and it's better for me to do root canal. i still refused to do so. my argument was that 10 years ago, i was told that a dead tooth's color will fade to blackish in color after about 5 years. similar to the bones of a dead animal left to rot on the surface of the earth. however, that tooth of mine still looks ok even after the 5-year "deadline" has passed. and it's still as solid as a rock, so to speak. (forget about the occasional gum ache).

back to the present. my gum has been swollen since the last few days. my chin got knocked by my acoustic guitar. that led to my gum to get swollen until today. this morning, i went to see a local dentist in my vicinity. at last, i requested for a root canal but he said he couldn't do it. the owner doctor can but not today but tomorrow morning. i think he's just a locum. that's why he couldn't do it. since i couldn't bear the pain anymore, i couldn't even smile properly but sheepishly only, i agreed to have a root canal treatment (rct) tomorrow morning. i guess i have to break my record of not having any mc for the last 4 years in the company.











damn!!! i had spent too much time writing this. gotta continue designing press for the company...

No comments: