loveless.next

Friday, June 06, 2008

oily & sticky post

still about striking poor/oil. should i get angry over the petrol, diesel & electricity price/tariff increase like others do? what difference can it make? why didn't we vote wisely previously? why didn't we just bring down the government? would the new, alternative government be able to contain such an increase? still about my plan. i'm thinking of devising a very drastic plan. fasting is always the first choice until my wife has completed making up for her last year's missed days of fasting. otherwise and afterwards, for lunch & dinner, it's gonna be oat all the way. my beverage would preferably be just plain water. if available, warm plain water. let's see if i would succumb to peer & family pressure or not.

yesterday's morning, "we of the above" from the previous post minus my wife who's very tired from yesterday's stint due to her growing belly carrying our precious, went to the pool at batu burok to watch another sukma event. u can guess what the event is. my state almost always had representative for each type of swimming contest, but always finished last and sometimes among the last. being a home state, you get to field your swimmer regardless of qualification...i think. it's quite hot over there despite the shades from the canvas roof. so, my wife's nephews + my daughter started to feel very uncomfortable & wanted to go back. i bribed them with the promise to go have some meals at a&w near the beach after we've had enough of watching swimmers swimming. in the end, being a great keeper of promise, my bribery was fulfilled. moral of the story: if u promise to commit a sin, "lu pikir lah sendiri" whether u wanna keep it or not. (double quote, unquote means use your own head/brain to think)

after lunch, almost the whole of those now staying permanently or temporarily in the house of my parents-in-law went to k berang to attend a wedding feast organized by the siblings/family of my wife's sis-in-law, her brother's wife. being her brother's marriage. different paths were taken. going was very familiar. coming back was rather strange coz i have used the latter path 2 or 3 times only. but the latter road was very peaceful & quiet. at least for now.

in the evening, went to my parents' house. it's their turn to have me, my wife & daughter to spend the night at the house. however, my ma & my daughter's cousin who's staying there were away on a holiday in the west coast visiting my sisters. so, my daughter was rather alone having no one to play with. so, i had to bribe her with the key-cracked monopoly pc game to ensure she would not feel that bored. to my surprise, she fell asleep very early. at least, i know that she could rest better after having slept late at night on the previous nights.

got a few work-related calls yesterday...na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na...time to sleep...

No comments: