loveless.next

Friday, January 16, 2009

1TB...when the world is not enough

while in kl last week for an iso9001:2008 transition training, i made use of the plenty of the spare time before & after training going to low yat plaza. i had been eyeing a 1TB storage: Maxtor Basics External Desktop Hard Drive 1TB. buy it i did. for rm350. (plus other accessories for my pda phone). now, i'm using it strictly for backup purposes. the whole of my pc's data & info have been backed up into it. those from my wife's notebook have been as well. every few days, i'll do incremental backups to make sure the data & info are updated. so far, i'm happy & satisfied to have that thing. at least, if something happens to all those precious photos, hopefully I can just restore them from the backup. if both got corrupted, what can I do? well, even if you print all those photos, they can still get damaged as time goes by...

nothing lasts forever in this temporary world.

No comments: