loveless.next

Friday, January 16, 2009

chicken

i really, really, really can't believe it!!! i'd been diagnosed with having chickenpox since tuesday for the 2nd time after more than 20 years! i 1st got it when i was in primary school. when i was about 11-12 years old! then, for more than 20 years, i had been assured that i wouldn't get it anymore. but, look at me now! human promises are not always true. only PROMISES of ALLAH and MUHAMMAD, ALLAH's LAST MESSENGER have come true, are true & will come true. stay tuned!

it all began last saturday in the afternoon when i started feeling cold and having headache and had to wear my jacket. went to a clinic and got some paracetamols. took 1 of those at midnight. on sunday, i felt great at work! around 4 o'clock, started to feel dizzy again & for the rest of the night at home with a slight fever. on monday, the fever & headache really squeezed my head & weakened my body that i had to take a break by resting in the 1st aid room before lunch. just took 2 slices of bread for breakfast & 3 more for lunch. after work, rushed to bandar baru kerteh & mesra mall & back & forth to ensure i've got all the cheese cakes, satays and necessary stuff for my daughter's birthday celebration on that night. i had to put on my sweater. at mesra mall surau, while performing the ablution for maghrib prayers, my whole body started to shiver uncontrollably and the shivering continued even while i was performing the prayers! back at home, the celebration went smoothly with minor flaws but (i think) everybody was happy & satisfied. after the event, i helped my wife to set things in order and after my (1st) part was done, since i was so exhausted, i went straight to sleep, complete in my work attire plus the sweater.

the next day, tuesday, i woke up late at around 7.15 am and missed my subuh prayers. (sadly, isya' the night before was also a gone opportunity). my wife & daughters were off to their intended destinations. i took my bath and once done, i noticed i had many spots on my body, at the front and back. thinking that it's another allergic problem, i called my boss informing her that i'd be going to the clinic 1st. i remembered that i'd been having the "same" allergic problem twice before (other than the persisting allergy to seafood problem that i'm having now). or so i thought...

the doctor inspected me & informed me that it's actually CHICKENPOX!!! i told her that i've had it ONCE. she said TWICE is possible. HUH! (not sure about THRICE OR MORE though). she gave me 6-day medical leave after i told her i was going for the company trip from friday-sunday, which effectively means i couldn't go! (my wife told me 6 days might not be enough. well, i can always go back to the clinic to get more. i'm sure my work colleagues are not in the mood to "can't wait to see me" anytime soon based on my current condition). back at home, i consulted a doctor friend on facebook. she told me that one could possibly get CHICKENPOX for the 2nd time if possibly the full immunity was not obtained during the first chickenpox infection, or possibly one's antibody is weak when the chickenpox viruses (they have their names which i don't bother to remember or write) attack for the 2nd time, or possibly the viruses are of the wild types, which would not spare (for the 2nd time) even those who have taken vaccination! yet, all are based on possibilities. no assurances. only ALLAH can give ABSOLUTE assurances: "Be!" - and it is!

well, here i am at home since tuesday. quarantined inside. no going outside. ingesting my medication. applying some of it all over my body. watching movies & tv. sitting in front of my pc. surfing the net. reading books (and pc). eating, with limitations. etc.

















disgusting photos available here. [CAUTION! VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED].

:::

No comments: