loveless.next

Friday, January 23, 2009

pockmarks / flower incident / anniversary

yesterday, i went to see a doctor to verify my chickenpox recovery status. sadly, the doctor said i'm still contagious to the people around me. though the blisters/pockmarks have all dried up, i still have to wait until all the dried-up blisters/pockmarks (scabs) peel themselves off from the skin. then only i can declare myself as a no threat to the public. not a public enemy no 1 anymore. this sunday, i'll go to the clinic again to get mc if i'm eligible for one, i.e. if i'm still a so-called plague. then, on tuesday evening, i'll visit the clinic again to confirm if i can go back to work on wednesday. fyi, yesterday, i've been on medical leave for 10 consecutive days (8 working days)!!!

yesterday was a special day for my wife & i. it was our 10th anniversary of our marriage. i tried to arrange for a few surprises for her. 2 worked flawlessly but 1 became a half surprise. in the morning (or is it afternoon?), i sent her a mms wishing her happy 10th marriage anniversary. before that, right after midnight of the historic day, i bought a facebook gift and sent the gift to her. a pair of virtual diamond earrings. (no money to buy the real ones). however, she only realized that once she's back from work (school) in the afternoon at around 4 pm. even way before that, on monday, i've bought a bouquet of roses from an online malaysian flower retailer (florist) and arranged for the roses to be delivered yesterday at 6 pm. since my house is located at a rather "remote" location, away from the "main civilizations", the charges for delivery/transport had to be equivalent to the cost of the flowers!!! the florist told me that their delivery guy was in chukai and that guy had to come or drive personally to my house in paka to deliver the roses to my wife. i was still ok with that. days passed by until yesterday. about 10-15 mins before 5 pm, the "delivery guy" called my wife informing her that she'd got delivery from a flower shop! and the "delivery guy" couldn't locate my house even based on the map that i drew using ms visio! what the heck! the surprise was spoiled and went down the drain since my wife sensed that i must have had arranged for some flowers to be delivered to her. she decided to go meet the "delivery guy" to pick up the flowers herself. while she's away, i sms'd the online florist informing that the delivery guy should have called me for direction, so as to preserve the element of surprise. got the reply from the florist that the "delivery guy" was actually a taxi driver!!! what??? so unprofessional!!! after paying so much for the delivery charges, this was what i got!!! after my wife came back with the bouquet of roses, i found out another surprise! the wish card that came with the flowers denoted that it was from kt! and not chukai! what the heck again? my wife told me that it was an old taxi driver who delivered the roses. on the street! then, the kt florist called my wife to confirm receipt. my wife took the opportunity to complain about the situation but the florist simply put all the blames on the taxi driver! later, the online florist called my wife and apologized. she also promised to send her a surprise gift in a week. finally, the online florist called me and apologized. i asked her why from kt & not chukai? she told me that it's actually from kt. well, i didn't really mind from where as long as my wife got the flowers intact. then, the online florist admitted that it was so unprofessional for them to engage a taxi driver to deliver those roses. and the fact that my wife had to go out to pick up the flowers herself! the florist repeated her promise to send a surprise gift for my wife in a week. let's just wait & see. if the surprise gift pleases my wife & i, i will keep quiet forever. if not, i'll announce to the world so that everybody else will not buy from the online florist due to unsatisfactory and unprofessional services. at the end of the day, despite the incident, my wife was so happy to get those roses. so, the hubby was happy as well lah!

at night, my wife & i, plus our 2 daughters, went out for dinner at kdrp. we didn't know where else to go. even though i was still "a plague to the society", i wouldn't want to miss that special occassion! it was just a normal dinner with the added fact that it's on the day (or night) of our 10th marriage anniversary...

well, maybe we can consider the trip to perth this feb to be the grand anniversary present & celebration as well as honeymoon for both of us & our kids, since we didn't really go for any special honeymoon when we 1st got married...

may our marriage last forever in this world and continue in the hereafter.

click on the photo for more photos:


(p/s when will my lotr extended edition dvd boxset arrive? it's been 10 days since it was dispatched from the uk. :( )

;;;;;

No comments: